Hi there and welcome to this page where I hope to make finding articles about visiting Scotland a little bit easier. As the years have gone by and I’ve added more and more posts it can become a bit unwieldy – this should hopefully help that!
If you’d like to sign up to my Scotland newsletter you can also do that below – I share lots of tips and tricks for planning, booking, and visiting. It’s a great place to start when planning your trip.
This is my home country that I grew up in and visit annually now as a tourist, just like you. I love helping people get the most out of this country!
Researching & Planning a trip:
General posts about the whole country and information posts
- Scotland for first timers (coming soon)
- Top Scotland Landmarks
- All about Scottish money – can you spend it in England?
When to go
- Best time of year to visit Scotland
- Scotland in Spring
- Scotland in Summer
- Scotland in Autumn
- Scotland in Winter
- When to visit to avoid midges
Getting there and around
- How to get to Scotland from London
- Getting around Scotland without a car
- How to get to Loch Ness from Inverness
What to take
Sample guides to how you can spend your time in Scotland
Posts about specific areas in Scotland such as Edinburgh or the Highlands. Click to be taken to lists of post about these places.