Welcome to Lost in Landmarks! I’m Kirsty and I’ve been a travel blogger for 10 years. I love to help people plan their trips, find quirky places to explore and basically share the love of travel.
I write primarily about the UK, and Scotland holds a dear place in my heart since I grew up there. I also share about sites beyond Britain and I have a definite penchant for historical sites. You can click through below to head direct to my pages with the content that fits what you’re looking for.
Destinations I write about…
History I love…
My latest posts:
- Thor’s Cave: a wonderful walk in the Manifold Valley, DerbyshireDid you know that in England’s Peak District there’s somewhere called Thor’s cave? And that it’s a fairly easy walk … Read more
- What language is spoken in Scotland? Plus some handy phrases!Visitors to Scotland might be wondering what language is spoken in the country – Scottish? English? Something else? Let’s take … Read more
- Pride and Prejudice’s Pemberley: real life locations to visit!Pemberley is one of the most iconic houses of the period dramas that Britain is well known for making. It … Read more
- Famous Landmarks in Edinburgh to visitThese Edinburgh landmarks are a great starting point for anyone looking to plan a trip to the Scottish capital. It, … Read more
- Scotland in January: what to do in the New YearWith the promise of a new year in the air and crisp, cold winter days to enjoy Scotland in January … Read more
- Do you need a passport to go to Scotland?If you’re traveling around the UK at any point you’re going to be passing through a number of counties since … Read more